I have nearly ten years clinical experience working with the NHS and in private practice, near Tarporley in Cheshire.
I work in an integrative way - the core of my practice is Person-Centred Therapy and I draw on other techniques and interventions such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Focus-Oriented Theraphy. I recognise the uniqueness of each individual's experience and adapt my practice accordingly.
I offer both short-term and long-term counselling depending on your needs and at a frequency to suit you.
As a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I keep up to date by undertaking training, current areas undertaken:
- Pluralistic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness and Individual Therapy
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy for Shame and Self-Critical Difficulties
- Skills for Managing Self Harm and Suicide
- Focus Oriented Therapy
- Metaphor in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Safeguarding Children Level 2 Training
I hold an up to date DBS certificate, am fully insured and receive regular supervision.
If there are any questions that my website does not provide you with the answers to, please do not hesitate to contact me.